Be the first to find out what Michael is up to next! Whether it is his appearances at book shows or speaking engagements, a new blog post, or author updates on new projects, you will be the first to know! Sign up for his monthly email here:
Multi Award-Winning Author Michael Scott Clifton, a public educator for over 38 years as a teacher, coach, and administrator, currently lives in Mount Pleasant, Texas with his wife, Melanie and family cat. An avid gardener, reader, and movie junkie, he enjoys all kinds of book and movie genres. His books contain aspects of all the genres he enjoys...action, adventure, magic, fantasy, and romance. His fantasy novels, The Janus Witch and The Open Portal, received 5-Star reviews from the prestigious Readers’ Favorite Book Reviews, and he has been a finalist in a number of short story contests with Edges of Gray winning First Place in the Texas Authors Contest. Professional credits include articles published in the Texas Study of Secondary Education Magazine. Clifton’s latest book, The Open Portal, won The Feathered Quill Book Finalist Award, and launches the fantasy book series, Conquest of the Veil.
- Fun fact 1 - As an 11-year-old, Michael was in a Baskin-Robbins commercial holding an ice cream cone with all 31 flavors!
- Fun fact 2 – Michael served all 38 years in public education at the same school, Chapel Hill ISD, Mt. Pleasant, TX. He served as the district’s first Athletic Director, their first Assistant principal, and served as the district’s first ever Jr. High Principal.
- Fun fact 3 – Michael was one of the orphan boys in the Albuquerque Little Theater production of Oliver! He grew up in Albuquerque, New Mexico, and graduated from Eldorado High School.
- Fun fact 4 – Michael’s car, a 1966 Volkswagen Squareback, broke down three times on his honeymoon, including once in the tiny Mississippi town of D’Lo. Michael and his wife finished their honeymoon with only a quarter—to be used to call for help should the VW break down again.
- Fun Fact 5 - NBA Hall of Famer, Shaquille O’Neal, stood next to Michael at an Austin buffet. Seventeen years old and over seven-foot-tall at the time, Shaquille was there with his San Antonio Cole team who won the Boys State Basketball Tournament that year.
Have Michael come speak to your group. His previous speaking engagements include:
- Sesame Literary Club - "How Michael Became a Published Author."
- Arlington South Library - "As A Texas Short Story Contest Winner"
- Mount Pleasant Friends Of The Public Library - "About Michael's Books"
- Overton Library - "Author Journey"
Be inspired by Michael's blog posts! He does interviews with his characters and thoughts from the author himself.
See the appearances page to find out where Michael will be appearing near you!
Michael shares a little about himself and his books. Take a listen.
Drop him a note, request a speaking engagement, or comments regarding his work. He enjoys hearing from his readers.